Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS v9.0 S Parameters vs Vector EField plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghb

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to plot s-parameters hfss

i've come across something which isnt not clear to me
maybe someone can explain

when working with waveguide t-junction which has a 90 degree fold (both e & h) at the junction i have phase results which are confusing me

assume that port1 is the 'input' port while port 2 & 3 are the 'output' ports

if no calibration lines are used the s parameters say that the output ports are in phase. that is phase(s12) = phase(s13).

however when you view the e field in vector form you can see that they are indeed 180 degrees out of phase.

only if one applies a calibration line to each output port defining the e-fields in the same direction do i get s parameters which indeed support the fact that the outputs are 180 degrees out of phase.

i have attached the hfss file which has calibration lines 180 degrees out of phase. feel free to experiment with calibration lines.

lets discuss :p

gb

I believe that waveports without calibration lines assigned in HFSS will have arbitrary phase assigned. You can always view the port fields under "Port Field Display."

Hope that helps.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back