Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS overlapping objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahaa Radi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am sorry if this sounds like a trivial question, but I am still new to the tool. I have a model where I have dielectric completely surrounding a conductor. I am not receiving any error, but I am not sure if I must subtract the two objects ?? If I don't do this, will it affect the accuracy of my simulations ?

Thanks !

I'm going to guess that would affect your simulations because the geometry is, instead of a solid conductor, a conductive surface with a dielectric inside of it.

You can certainty test this simply by running the simulation with the subtracted dielectric and without the subtracted dielectric. To subtract, select the two objects then go to Modeler>Boolean>Subtract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back