Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Magnetic fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorf

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,

Im trying to simulate a coil/magnet in HFSS to see how much flux i have through a particular area in a copper cavity. Im setting up my coil outside of the cavity.

Heres my problem: Im having lots of difficultly creating a magnet using anything other than a coil and a current (which has very long calculation times). Can anyone help me introduce even a permanent magnet into HFSS so that i can vary my cavity to see how the flux changes? I keep getting errors, or I cant plot the field whenever i assign magnetic excitation's. (I think im assigning the excitation correctly however: made sure all fields filled out for the material properties> 3D> mag bias>uniform)

What should my solution type be? Any other hints? Any help or ideas are welcomed. All i have acces to however is HFSS (not maxwell) and im not going to use anything else other than freeware or FULL trial software.

Cheers,
Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.