Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Floquet Port circular polarization

Status
Not open for further replies.

quetranza

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I am learning how to use HFSS and am trying to replicate a metasurface. The metasurface is designed for circular polarization so I am using floquet ports to simulate a unit cell. I turned on TE mode and also TM mode but with 90 degree phase in edit sources so that it would create a circularly polarized mode. Where I am having trouble is how to setup the second floquet port to read the s parameters for the circularly polarized mode?

Welcome quetranza,

I haven't done this before, but I believe you'd have to create your own S-parameter curve definition in the HFSS report. It's probably also best to de-embed both ports to the surface, such that you don't have to worry about phasing issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back