Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] HFSS Field Calculator expor J fields onto .pts pointcloud results in NaN

Status
Not open for further replies.

laut

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've been successful in radiation a field upon surfaces imported via .stl and have plotted the J Fields onto each surface and would like to get these values as x,y,z,Jx,Jy,Jz or similar. Using the fields calculator I select from the library Vec : Vector_J and export using a defined .pts file and the resulting export is a .txt with the correct x,y,z columns followed by NaN NaN NaN columns. To get NaN the pointcloud is in mm but upon other threads I've seen meters might be the correct way but this results in just an output file saying "Complex Vector data "<Jx,Jy,Jz>"" and that's it. HFFS also seems to almost crash in trying to export using the meters pointcloud if that's at all relevant.

Using the min,max,spacing export onto grid file where the units are explicit also results in NaN for the calculated values.

I've been successful in radiation a field upon surfaces imported via .stl and have plotted the J Fields onto each surface and would like to get these values as x,y,z,Jx,Jy,Jz or similar. Using the fields calculator I select from the library Vec : Vector_J and export using a defined .pts file and the resulting export is a .txt with the correct x,y,z columns followed by NaN NaN NaN columns. To get NaN the pointcloud is in mm but upon other threads I've seen meters might be the correct way but this results in just an output file saying "Complex Vector data "<Jx,Jy,Jz>"" and that's it. HFFS also seems to almost crash in trying to export using the meters pointcloud if that's at all relevant.

Using the min,max,spacing export onto grid file where the units are explicit also results in NaN for the calculated values.

Being new to HFSS I didn't realize the information available in the Help files but I've found that the .pts file needs the units to be specified in the first line. In my case the first line was Unit=mm" followed by x y z collumns.

I still have NaN issues but at least my output file is giving some currents but probably 90% of the queried points are returning NaN for {Complex Vector data "<Jx,Jy,Jz>"}. Using other software I'd expect this if the query points were way out in space but these are the same points on a surface as are the mesh points I am importing into HFSS to r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back