Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS error: subprocess \%3 died unexpectedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackle

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
a HFSS error for help

my HFSS gives a unexpected error:

:lol: [error] Discrete solution, process solver : subprocess "%3" died unexpectedly.

in detail, the error prompted without finishing my solution, if I re-run it, it will go a little fruther, but the error will still come.

what's the problem?

thanks!

Re: a HFSS error for help

hi
I received the same error. having checked my design several times, I realized that I had put one of my object to wrong place.
you had better control whether you connect all parts correctly or not.
send you project, one may help to check it.

Re: a HFSS error for help

jackle said:
my HFSS gives a unexpected error:

:lol: [error] Discrete solution, process solver : subprocess "%3" died unexpectedly.

in detail, the error prompted without finishing my solution, if I re-run it, it will go a little fruther, but the error will still come.

what's the problem?

thanks!
Another possible cause is the mesh file too big, or maybe your harddisk and ram run out. For HFSS in windows os, the maxium allocatable ram is 1G, in unix is 2G.

Best Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back