Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Dual Layer Antenna SOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabil

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there
I am new to HFSS and i don't have any knowledge about antennas or antenna design.I am researching about two layer antenna design, i tried many designs but i get intersection error constantly. I substracted a cylinder from lower substrate to create coax, then i substracted another cylinder from upper substrate for coax pin but i get intersection error. Any help is very appreciated.View attachment fatih.pdf

Last edited:

hi.
you should subtract
1- a circle from Ground plane
2- a cylinder from lower sub
3- a cylinder from air layer
4- a cylinder from upper sub and then you fill these steps with PEC cylinders
Good Luck

Thanks for the reply. PEC cylinders are Probes, right? Coax's radius is 1.495mm and coax pin's and probe's radiuses are 0.65 mm. Do i not have to substract circle from lower patch? How will i substract cylinder from air? What will be the radiuses of cylinders' and circle's radiuses?

Last edited:

I did as you described.(substracted all of them) Are you sure about substracting a cylinder from air layer? I don't get results for upper substrate+patch. Results are about 1200Mhz.

hi.
yes.I'm sure.you should subtract a cylinder from air.
If you don't get result,send me HFSS file,I will consider it.
Good Luck

Last edited:

Thanks again. What will be the radiuses of cylinders and circle? Should i substract cylinders with coax radius(1.495mm) from substrates or should i substract with coax pin radius(0.65mm)? Should i use waveport or lumped port? What will be the dimensions of air box? I used 120x120x60 but it does not work. Any help is highly appreciated. Here is the hfss file without the coax, coax pin and air box. I can send the one without them if you wish.

- - - Updated - - -

Should i not substract a circle from lower patch?

Attachments

• fatih.pdf
    114.8 KB · Views: 53
  • dual_patch.rar
    4.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

hi.
I implement your design.
you can see this attachment.
Good luck

Attachments

• Copy of fatih.rar
    29 KB · Views: 45

Hi.
Thanks but i couldn't open it. I use HFSS 10. I get errors; "lineaxisattribute:4317: value is not vallid" ,"lineaxisattribute:4366: value is not vallid","lineaxisattribute:4415: value is not vallid", "lineaxisattribute:4464: value is not vallid", "I/O error in design"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back