Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS: distributed computing

Status
Not open for further replies.

beetro78

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss distributed computation

Does anyone have experience in setting up a distributed computing with HFSS?

If there is, does he/she know where I can find help about DCOM configuration?

A tutorial or an already configured file which I can exame to understand settings?

Thank you!

What version operating system are you using? Search for DCOM in the help file, it provide an instruction how to config your DCOM setting.

Win XP 32 bit is t OS. I foud the DCOM component and I tried to configure it but It diot work. Can you give me some examples about how to configure the client and the server. Do I need the same account to be defined on the client-server sides to get it working? Do I need special rigths on the server side or on the client side?

Please help me.

Thanks

First you have to load HFSS on both machine. The username and password with administrator privelage must be the same on Server and Client machine. This will allow both machine to communicate to each other. Here's the important step, on your client machine find your ansoft installed directory. Default should be C:\Program Files\Ansoft. Right click on Ansoft folder and enable sharing. Select "Share this folder", leave it the share name default. Now click on permissions tab. Another window should pop up. Click on the Add tab, another window should pop-up. If your working on the server machine, you should scroll down and look for your client machine user. If your working on the client machine, scroll down and look for your server user. Once you locate the user click add. Now should be back to the previous pop up windows. The server or client user should be added to the "Share Permissions" windows. Under Permissions, Check "Full Control, Change, and Read" box. Click OK, you should be back to original pop up window. On the top, there should be 3 tab option, General, Sharing, which you shoulb on, and Security. Now select Security tab. Now follow the same step as instructed above. Add user on the server and client computer. Allow "Full Control" to the user for your Server and Client computer. Click Ok to all the windows until you get back original windows explorer. Now follow the DCOM instructions and REBOOT. This is very important when you make changes to your DCOM setting. Good Luck.

beetro78

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back