Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS/AnsysEDT HPC issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwh

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm running Ansys Electronics Desktop 2015 on RHEL 6. I've got a 48 core machine with plenty of memory and more HPC pool licenses (no pack licenses) that I can use. Whenever I configure a parametric sweep with an associated interpolating frequency sweep of an HFSS model and select anything more than 20, I get the following warning immediate after the variation is is requested:

"Com Engine is non-responsive since 19:00:00, December 1, 1969. Can be due to CPU intensive processing or network problems. If persisting for long, manually kill the com engine process and restart analysis..."

The load average is ~2.00 while this is happening. I see the correct number of HFSSCOMENGINE processes, though none are utilizing CPU time.

The HPC configuration is as follows: I'm using X number of localhost's in the HPC machine list (where I've tried X=48 to 15). HPC and Analysis Options: HPC Licenses (Pool), Default Process Priority (Critical). Under the Analysis Configuration dialog, I've selected "use automatic setting," and set the cores to X. The RAM limit is set at 90% and the line (localist line, that is) has been enabled.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
J

Status
Not open for further replies.