Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS and UWB antenna - fast or discrete? Or CST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leilon

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS and UWB antenna

Hi all,
I decided to simulate UWB antenna with HFSS, Is it better to use fast or discrete? Or it's better to use CST? why?

Re: HFSS and UWB antenna

Leilon said:
Hi all,
I decided to simulate UWB antenna with HFSS, Is it better to use fast or discrete?
"fast" takes less time while "discrete" takes longer. To have first impression, fast can be used. for more accuracy, discrete is used.

Or it's better to use CST? why?
For UWB, CST takes much less time. This is due to the fact that it uses time domain signal and then converts it to freqeuency domain signal. It does not do the calculations at different frequency points.

HFSS and UWB antenna

Thanks Shmeemkabir,
but in CST I don't know how much set thickness, it's enough 10% thickness of substrate?

Re: HFSS and UWB antenna

Leilon said:
but in CST I don't know how much set thickness, it's enough 10% thickness of substrate?

I really didn't understand, what thickness you refer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back