Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS and Log-periodic: which port shoul I use to feed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arismarjunior

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could anybody please help me to feed a log-periodic antenna in HFSS? I have tried so many things, but all the times I got a very strong radiation pattern. Firstly, I have tried with wave port, but I have got so many numericla problems. Now I am trying lumped port, but no success.

Could anybody please check the HFSS file? Or send me some rules?

Thanks very much in advance, Arismar

Re: HFSS and Log-periodic: which port shoul I use to feed it

LPD's are usually fed with a coax. I use a modal wave port feeding the coax when I want to study an LPD. It works just fine.

Dear Azulykit,
Thanks very much for your reply. I got problems using waveports, I don´t why...Could you please send me your file .hfss for giving me an opportunity to take a look at it.
Thanks again, Arismar

The placement of a waveport on a coax has been addressed often in the Ansoft technical support information. Look there.

Start simply by modeling a coax with ports on each end. Once you get that working then add complexity to the model. There literature has numerous examples of coax fed antennas of various types. There is a collection of examples that is discussed periodically on this site. "Search" is your friend.

Smith's book "Log Periodic Dipole Design Handbook" is helpful if you can find a copy in a library.

Hello,

Thanks very much for your help. I will check out the points you adviced.

Regards, Arismar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back