Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with weight sensor connected to a light source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirarel

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am trying to finish a project which detects weight of an object. If the weight of the object is above the required weight the light would light up. I am fairly new to electrical circuit hobby works. Could anyone suggest a way for me to get started up?

Any input would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

try using a load cell to measure weight and then use a comparator to compare the weight with a predefined level.

For your project you need no electronics. Install a limit switch to the load spring and adjust it to close the circuit when the applied weight force is exceeded. Make the circuit of a battery and a lamp, LED or a buzzer to indicate the overweight.

@Kirarel if you don't want to vary the level of reference weight frequently. then what @jiripolivka said will the best option to you.

Thank you all! Going to Radioshack for some real actions! Will post when there is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back