Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with the Transistored Ignition for motorcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integer

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

The requirements for a CDI ignition coil and and TCI ignition coil can be different so I don't know if it will work. A TCI (Kettering) ignition runs a high current through the primary of the coil whereas a CDI does not. I recommend you buy a coil designed for TCI.

Hmm, do you maybe know is there difference between different TCI coils from motorcycle, can I use from any motorcycle which have TCI ignition?

Thanks!

I found this DC-CDI, and company that sells is say that it can be used with original coil:
https://www.ignitech.cz/english/aindex.htm

Is there inside this CDI, small coil which produces high voltage(~200V), and then send's it to the original coil to produce 20 kV on spark plug?

A CDI ignition typically uses a DC-DC converter to charge a capacitor (the C in CDI) to ≈200V. A switch, such as an SCR, then suddenly discharges the capacitor into the primary of the coil. This is stepped up by the coil turns ratio to give the high voltage spark output.

Status
Not open for further replies.