Not open for further replies.

olakease

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Formula to get voltage on circuit

Maybe this is a Do my Homework question, but I'm learning Electronics and I'm confused on solve a simple Circuit.

The value in Voltimeter is 6.43 V, but, how can I get this value with Analysis? I mean, exists a formula for this?

Thank you.

Last edited:

this is strange normally you should have 6v in the voltmeter, are you sure that the supply is exactly 6V ?

Yeah, is only a simple example.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying another Simulator and the Value is 6V, but, the real question is how can I get this value with a formula?

normally you should have 6v on the voltmeter, if you really have 6V as a source

- - - Updated - - -

you don't need a formula, the voltage on the line when you put the voltmeter is simular to the value of the source

Total Voltage will be 6V-voltage at the junction 5k&2k. for the analysis of 1.5V, the current will flow through the 2k & 5k only. so the current is -1.5/(2k+5k)=-0.214mA, so @ junction the voltage is -0.214mA*2k=-0.428V, hence the total voltage 6-(-0.428)= 6.428 or 6.43V.

- - - Updated - - -

This only in the case of ideal circuit, assuming, there is no resistance on the 6V path, so that no current flow.

i made a simulation using Lt spice but i did get this 6,43 V that you mentionned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…