Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with solving simple circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

olakease

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Formula to get voltage on circuit

Maybe this is a Do my Homework question, but I'm learning Electronics and I'm confused on solve a simple Circuit.

The value in Voltimeter is 6.43 V, but, how can I get this value with Analysis? I mean, exists a formula for this?
03.1.png

Thank you.

Last edited:

this is strange normally you should have 6v in the voltmeter, are you sure that the supply is exactly 6V ?

Yeah, is only a simple example.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying another Simulator and the Value is 6V, but, the real question is how can I get this value with a formula?

normally you should have 6v on the voltmeter, if you really have 6V as a source

- - - Updated - - -

you don't need a formula, the voltage on the line when you put the voltmeter is simular to the value of the source

Total Voltage will be 6V-voltage at the junction 5k&2k. for the analysis of 1.5V, the current will flow through the 2k & 5k only. so the current is -1.5/(2k+5k)=-0.214mA, so @ junction the voltage is -0.214mA*2k=-0.428V, hence the total voltage 6-(-0.428)= 6.428 or 6.43V.

- - - Updated - - -

This only in the case of ideal circuit, assuming, there is no resistance on the 6V path, so that no current flow.

Total Voltage will be 6V-voltage at the junction 5k&2k. for the analysis of 1.5V, the current will flow through the 2k & 5k only. so the current is -1.5/(2k+5k)=-0.214mA, so @ junction the voltage is -0.214mA*2k=-0.428V, hence the total voltage 6-(-0.428)= 6.428 or 6.43V.

- - - Updated - - -

This only in the case of ideal circuit, assuming, there is no resistance on the 6V path, so that no current flow.
i made a simulation using Lt spice but i did get this 6,43 V that you mentionned

Status
Not open for further replies.