Not open for further replies.

smartsarath2003

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai,
I want to use LM338 Regulator with adjustable Voltage & const 2A/adjustable current configuration. Can I use the fallowing configuration to let me adjust both current/voltage.In this case All I need is 0-24V@2A. I am thinking that I can adjust voltage by changing R3 and can adjust current by changing R1. Is that posiible?
Also I want to use a separate 5V regulator in parallel to the above to power some additional circuitry.Can I use DC-DC converter or a small transformer even to feed 5V regulator. I don't want the 5v regulator taking all the load of my main transformer, when the main regulator ckt is off(LM338). I want to use 5V@100mA of current only,irrespective of the main ckt is on/off. Can anyone help me in this matter...
thanks

Yes that’s right R1 for current and R3 for voltage. You can use a standard 7805 for the 5V 100mA connected to the same source as the 338 if the total current can be supplied (2A + 0.1A).

Ante :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…