Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with regulator configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartsarath2003

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai,
I want to use LM338 Regulator with adjustable Voltage & const 2A/adjustable current configuration. Can I use the fallowing configuration to let me adjust both current/voltage.In this case All I need is 0-24V@2A. I am thinking that I can adjust voltage by changing R3 and can adjust current by changing R1. Is that posiible?
Also I want to use a separate 5V regulator in parallel to the above to power some additional circuitry.Can I use DC-DC converter or a small transformer even to feed 5V regulator. I don't want the 5v regulator taking all the load of my main transformer, when the main regulator ckt is off(LM338). I want to use 5V@100mA of current only,irrespective of the main ckt is on/off. Can anyone help me in this matter...
thanks

Yes that’s right R1 for current and R3 for voltage. You can use a standard 7805 for the 5V 100mA connected to the same source as the 338 if the total current can be supplied (2A + 0.1A).

Ante :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back