Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with QPSK Measurements!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clein

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!!

This is my first topic. I'm working with DVB-S systems (it uses QPSK modulation) and I need to determine the quality.
I've been looking for information and I've found that you can determine the quality by the BER, which is related whith the SNR. I've seen the relationship between SNR (or Eb/No) and BER in QPSK modulation, but I think that if it is used Viterbi and Reed Salomon codes that relationship is not the same.
In other way, I've found that the quality on DVB-S systems can be determined by the EVM, I've found that it is related whith the Eb/No by this way: EVM = 1/√Eb/No, but it does not match with the measurements that I have obtained.

I would like to ensure what is the correct way to determine the quality of DVB-S systems or if somebody knows if there is some documentation that explain how you can determine it.

Thanks!

yes, it is correct. But BER measurement is also usefull

Status
Not open for further replies.