Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Power source device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonia1234

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there folks,

I a supposed to design a power source device. And this is what has been done in multisim so far, am falling short of time but I really want to know valuable suggestions of the experts over here since I really want to make this design final and robust. Also sine am a beginner in electronics, please can someone direct me on the attachment of oscilloscope and voltmeter to test.
Waiting or your replies.
Thank you

Attachments

• powersupply1.JPG
    powersupply1.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 67

Use a single Ground point and connect all the components to the same ground.
Now for oscilloscope, just connect the A-port across the load.
Same with the voltmeter.

You just have to connect the two terminals of the meter across the load(component) where you need measurements.

Alright, but now I have one more problem. I need a voltage outlet of 220Vac which is capable of supplying fixed or variable DC voltage. I am confused as to how would I make this happen. Thanks alot for your response.

I'm not clear with your problem.
You need a 220V ac source or need a 220V ac output...???

I actually need a 220V ac source since the local main in the country is 220V ac.
And this is what I am getting on the voltmeter. Am not getting why is it showing this value instead of 12V.

Attachments

• PS1.JPG
    PS1.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 57

The connection of the capacitor C1 is shorting both the output of the transformer. I think there a mistake there.
And if you need a 12V dc at the output you can use a LM7812 IC with the transformer to get a constant 12V dc.

Okay what do you think about this one? I will get a positive voltage supply unless I want a negative one. But the problem is that the voltmeter should show 20Vac and its not. Am really frustrated with this problem. I think there's something wrong with the transformer. What do you think here?
P.S. This is just part of a circuit

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 65

Thats after stepping down..
You have to rectify the voltage to your required 12V..
Try this circuit using LM 7812.

Status
Not open for further replies.