Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with pic programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_anderson

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi every one
this is the first time for me with PIC ( a pic with 8 bit will be very suitable) , so i donot know where to start from can u guide me
thank u

There are a lot of documentation on the internet-google. The best compiler to start with is CCS Pic C compiler-a lot of build in functions. For programming you can use well known ic prog.

It depends on what you are familiar with if your into c then try picc but if your into basic then i recommend using Proton picbasic. A demo software is available for both but for the picbasic it comes with a demo board of proteus where in you can try the program without building the circuit (a simulator). If your good in assembly try mplab, you can also download it from microchip.

mr_anderson said:
hi every one
this is the first time for me with PIC ( a pic with 8 bit will be very suitable) , so i donot know where to start from can u guide me
thank u

Hello,

In my opinion, the better way is first of all program it in assembler, in order to know the uC operation. Then you can begin with C.

It´s much difficult if you start with C and then you want to learn assembler.

For writing code in assembler you just need the MPLAB IDE from Microchip (www.microchip.com) and the uC specific datasheet.

When you have a good expierence with assembler then you are ready to work with C language. The better compiler for C is the HI-TECH PICC. This software allows you to write, compile and debug code in C from the MPLAB IDE.

These is my opinion taking into account my personal experience in this matter.

By,

GuillerMo (AR)

Status
Not open for further replies.