Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Optoisolated breakout board + hex inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yepi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am currently designing the control stuff for a mini laser cutter but firstly I need a breakout board. I am a mechanical engineering student so forgive me for dumb electronics questions but one of the reason why I want to do the design from scratch rather than simply buy or use someone else design is to learn electronics.

**broken link removed**
This schematic shows how far I have gotten so far and I have made notes in there for the calculations.

First issue I have is that I measured 5.9V from the case (ground) to the pins 3,4,7,8, and 0V on the others, based on RS232 standards here I thought only pin 5 was ground and I was expecting something like 3V as its from a laptop Expresscard to RS232 - link. Does anybody know the nominal voltages and currents that it can output? so I can use adequate resistors to avoid burning the optocoupler, also with 5.9V I am assuming ill have to use a voltage devider to deliver 5V to the HCPL2630 as its max rating is 5.5V

Datasheets for **broken link removed** and HCPL2630

I can attach the Kicad files if anyone needs and also I have more or less finished the schematic for the L297/L298 driver which Ill double check here, perhaps in a seperate thread.
Would appreciate any help, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back