Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with networking problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasman

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have this problem sometimes when try to connect two PCs together: it happens that sometimes when i network two pcs using a cross cable and i try to access one from the other, i receive a message like "The path is not accessible contact your network administrator". I made sure i play by the rule anytime i do it, like taking ip address from the same network address, using the same subnetmask, using the same workgroup name, sharing files and folder, yet the same problem still persists. i will appreciate it if anyone can help tell me what could be the cause(s) of this problem.

it should not happen... whenever it does, trying pinging the other host,, if that works then there might be a problem with your windows file sharing....

Did you turn the windows firewall off. if not, try this, sometimes the firewall try to isolate the computer without any reason

If it says like that , you may have no permission about file sharing.So this warning can be happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.