Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with IR 2110 as I don't get output from gate driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

salvador_fdz

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,

I'am a newbie with gate driver and don't quite understand it's function.
I'am building a Class D for my school project and have done some research on it

Anyways, I have built the circuit but no ouput from it. It receives highs/lows at the input of gate driver but nothing output.

Any suggestions?

Re: Help with IR 2110

Hi,
Do you mean you have pulses at the input of 2110 and no output at Ho and Lo? If so first disconnect the MOSFET gates and see if the outputs exist to ensure there is no mistake in connection of the MOSFETS.
Please keep us informed of the results and also if you have found some other mistake in connection in the mean time.
Regards,
Laktronics.

Help with IR 2110

It is not nessesery to use Q3
R11 is too high in compare with R12 and cause voltage at pin 1 of U1A never going above 2V
V(pin1U1A) = 5V * R12/(R12+R11) )
maybe this is insufficient to drive U1a. (74ACxx)
If you insist to use Q3, reduce R11 to about 1K-2.2K ohm otherwise you can connect input to pin 1 of U1A

regards
davood

Hi,
Why don't you also show the correct pin numbers of the IC in your schematic as otherwise one can not find out if there is a mistake in your shematic. It will also help you while checking your wiring.
Regards,
Laktronics.

Thanks for you replies,

Here another thing I'am not sure about. If my PWM is 6VPP and my referenence ground is -40. Does this mean I'am level shifter the PWM down to -40V?

the gate driver needs high and lows, right. I'am trying to get 5 high and -5 low using the Q3 and invertors for pulse shaping.

IR gate driver was download through the website and it gave me the gate driver as shown in the schematic.

I get no output from the gate driver. Just noise out of the output pins.

Hi,
You don't need to level shift the input, necessary level shifting is done inside IR2110. As already mentioned by Mr.Davood, you can remove Q3 and all associated circuit, connect input directly to pin 1 of the inverter circuit. Also, your transistor circuit does not provide +/- 5V levels, it gives only a 2V high and a resistor pulled down zero levels. The Hi and Li signals need be only inverted TTL signals for your circuit connection and not level shifted.
Also V11 voltage source is not required.
The pin numbers of 2110 are still not correctly marked so that if there is a mistake in connection, it will not be clear to us.
Regards,
Laktronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back