Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with impedance matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizbeth0188

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I connected 16 instrumentation amplifiers for a EEG amplifier design.I have shorted all the reference and all amplifier have a common reference.But while doing this I find that the noise picked up by the amplifier has increased.One possible reason for this is since I have shorted all the reference together ,the impedance in the reference input is dropping.As a result the CMRR of the amplifier is unable to provide suitable attenuation for the common noise signals.Is there any way to match the impedance between the reference input and active input in the all instrumentation amplifiers?Is there any other solution you could provide for this issue?Tried providing a unity gain op-amp circuit to the reference input.But didn't help much.

If the amplifiers became more sensitive to the pickup noise, consider a better screening and input low´-pass filtering.

If the amplifiers became more sensitive to the pickup noise, consider a better screening and input low´-pass filtering.

Is there any way to match the impedance between two input terminals?

For the EEG frequency spectrum, you will need to know the source impedance to be matched. To my knowledge, EEG amplifiers have a high input impedance, no care to match to the source.

For the EEG frequency spectrum, you will need to know the source impedance to be matched. To my knowledge, EEG amplifiers have a high input impedance, no care to match to the source.[/QUOTE
Is there any particular arrangement that will help to match the impedance?We know the input impedance of the active channel.Active and reference are the two inputs of the same differential amplifier.Since the reference of all channels are shorted ,the reference input impedance seem to be drop.Is there any way for that?any particular circuit arrangement?

Status
Not open for further replies.