Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with gas sensor on PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

patece

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sir good day..
I would like to ask for a help..regarding the connection of MQ5 gas sensor to pic16f877a...is the diagram like the one in the mq5 datasheet..hope you understand because i'm a beginner, still confuse to do it..thanks..I am intending to use mikroc which is beginner's friendly..thank you very much..hope to hear you soon.

thanks sir for the response.what is the use of lm311?.is it possible not to use lm311 instead modify the code for mikroc?..what will be the computation in the program?.thanks..*** bless.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks sir for the response.what is the use of lm311?.is it possible not to use lm311 instead modify the code for mikroc?..what will be the computation in the program?.thanks..*** bless.

with that sir imbichie, it gives an output of 5 or 0V(LM311) which is being fed into the pic microcontroller input pin? correct me if I am wrong, Is that what we call interrupt? It act as a switch because it senses either 5 or 0V approximately? then it send just "gas leak" or "fire alarm"?.If you dont mind sir. could you explain to me the code?I understand it. however in the LM35 I am using the built in ADC of pic which I successfully made it. of course, the adcon0 and adcon1 is set to determine the function.hope to hear you soon sir imbichie. Thanks and more power.

datasheet and circuit .and any circuit can help me . for sensor h2s 3 pin and ch4 5 pin from :
this site i bought them :
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

i know want connect to micro with interface(opamp) or not interface Specially h2s

Last edited:

The NDIR module has apparently a voltage output, for the pin connection you need to refer to additional manufacturer information, it's not given in the datasheet.

The H2S sensor is 3-electrode electrochemical cell that need to be operated in a potentiostatic circuit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potentiostat

H2S sensors are mostly using zero bias voltage, I don't know for the particular sensor.

A practical circuit can look like this

ok thx .
i connect ana output to avr or arm .
thank you for help

Status
Not open for further replies.