Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with damaged PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK-86

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I urgently require help and was wondering if I can kindly get some advice on the below.

So I have a remote car key PCB here that is usually fitted with a button type rechargeable battery that is soldered on.

The key remote doesn't work and upon opening the casing it is apparent that someone has tried to solder a new battery but has damaged the board.

I have attached two pictures below...one as is of the damage and one with circles, which I will refer to below.

So the button cell has two legs on it - the positive leg of the battery is soldered to the red circle, negative to the yellow circle and the orange circle highlights a point that is lifting but still has continuity to the joining point.

I think the negative point (yellow circle) may be ok and so is the lifting point (orange), but the red circle is burnt on the board and may well be preventing power getting to control the key.

Can anyone help me on the best way to repair and salvage this key if it looks feasible please. I'd greatly appreciate it :)

board 1.jpg
thumbnail.jpg

If you’ve got a damaged trace on the red point, try and figure out where that trace runs to. Simply solder a wire in place of the trace. (I’m not sure why I had to say this)

So the trace for the red circle point is the orange circle point, however this has lifted off the board.

The point that is connected to the next point to the orange circle point however has continuity. Could I therefore solder a wire to this point and bridge it across to the battery?

The orange circle doesn’t look like a trace to me, it looks like a via or a pin. But if adding a wire restores continuity to everything, then do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back