Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with circuit for homemade electric plow lift

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmorrill22

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sorry if this is the wrong forum or whatever, it seemed to be the right one.

Hopefully someone out there can help me.

I a somewhat of an amateur when it comes to making circuits for electronics. I know the basics, but this circuit is stumping me.

I need a circuit for an electric plow lift I am planning on making. It will have a DPDT switch for raise/lower. A motor hooked up to a sprocket that turns a drum by chain for the winch, and a door lock actuator to lock the winch so it won't release cable. This is mostly going to be made out of parts I have collected, which is why I am not buying a winch or something instead. It is much cheaper this way.

So this is what the circuit has to do:

When the switch is pressed for "raise", the motor needs to be turned on until the cable is all the way in. At the moment that the cable is all the way in, the motor needs to be shut off and the door lock actuator needs to be turned on to prevent the drum from lowering the plow.

When the switch is pressed for "lower", all that needs to happen is the door lock actuator's polarity gets reversed so it lowers, allowing the drum to freespool, lowering the plow.

Sorry if this is confusing to any of you.

I know that this circuit will need at least one relay and a timer, but I am stuck on how to wire it up. Can anyone make a schematic of this to help me? Thanks,

Doug

what is the supply voltage for the motor used for lifting?

srizbf
22ndjune2010

it will be on a 12v tractor

I think I have it all figured out now, but I am interested to see what others come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back