Not open for further replies.

auato

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all.
I have a beautiful Wavetek Stealth 3SR perfectly working but it turns on only by an AC power supply. If I try to connect 12V of its battery pack or another external 12V DC power source at + and - terminals, the 3SR does not power-on. I take a look inside and I've noticed one burnt area near a relay. Here some photos:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I have not any schematic or service manual and I don't know which electronic components must to be replaced.

Please, can you help me by yours photos or electric diagram or service manual to restore my 3SR?

I believe that this model is equivalent to the JDSU SDA-5000.

bye
auato

Last edited:

Hello

I have a Wavetek 3SR in perfect condition. Disassembled in a few days and I put some pictures of the burned area.

You can see some pictures in this direction
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Greetings

COSMOS2K

Last edited:

Woow COSMOS2K! Thanks a lot! It seems I've two SMT resistors and the transistor on the left side burnt. Could you try to read the values?

Thank you very much!

Hello

In a few days take pictures with more resolution in the affected area

COSMOS

---------- Post added 31-03-11 at 01:27 ---------- Previous post was 30-03-11 at 23:53 ----------

Hello

I hope these pictures help you repair your 3SR, if you encounter problems send me a message.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Greetings

COSMOS

Great, COSMOS2K! And thank you for your interest!
I belive that something fault happened about realy circuitry. Tomorrow I want look better the impacted area and impacted components.
What's the function of that realy?
Someone have a service manual or circuit diagram, please?

Hello

In a few days take pictures with more resolution in the affected area

COSMOS

I want to thank the COSMOS's precious and essential aid! His photos help me to restore and to fix my Wavetek 3SR. Now, it works well by both external power supplies: AC adapter and battery pack.

Thank you very much!
Auato

**broken link removed**

Last edited:

Hello Auato:

I am happy that you've fixed the problem and that my images have been useful in the repair.
I have no schematic of 3SR not the service manual.
If you find them would be grateful if you share with me.

Greetings

COSMOS

Reactions: auato

auato

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.