Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help using OSCTEST and OSCAPROBE

Status
Not open for further replies.

anisnn

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
oscaprobe simulation

Hi all,

I am designing an oscillator using a MEMS resonator and the minicircuits MAR6 amplifier. I have done the simulations based on the steps shown in the link below:

I performed the open loop gain simulation and plotted the S21 transmission characteristics. I added a phase shifter to the circuit and tuned it so that it will have max gain at the zero phase shift point. Gain is approx 7 dB at this point.

I now run the same simulation using the OSCTEST2 at the open loop. But now I have -100 gain.. Can someone help me with this? Should I obtain the same results as the previous measurements?

I have uploaded the circuit just in case someone wants to look at it.

Thanks!
Anis

osciprobe

When you connect Osci test in your circuit that is at resonating port. you have to tune your circuit such that you will get s11>>1.
When you want to measure gain of the circuit that is s21 you should not connect oscitest in circuit. only do S parameter simulation & remove oscitest.
And for checking whether your circuit is oscillating at your desired frequency you have to use Osciprobe & do HB simulation.

anisnn

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back