Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help to use this RES model for spectre sim

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigkiller

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all
I get a RES model file like this way, and I want to use this model for spectre sim.
Since I'm a newbie in HSPICE area, I have the following questions.

1.which symbol I can use to call this model in analogLib? How to use it?
2.Should I need to change this RES model to 2-terminal model? How can I change it?
3.I use SPP convert HSPICE model for spectre usage, so HSPICE or Spectre model are all OK.

*###################################################
.model Dr D ( bv=45 ibv=1.0E-5 is=3E-17)
.model Dd D ( bv=7 ibv=1.0E-5 is=3.34E-17)
.subckt Ri n1 n2 n3 l=length w=width kri=scale area=Sc
.param dl=0.8u dw=-0.52u
.param rsh=2393.4 ptc1=5.45e-3 ptc2=1e-5 pvc1=1.408e-2 pvc2=-6e-5 pt='temper'
.param tfac='1.0+ptc1*(pt-25.0)+ptc2*(pt-25.0)*(pt-25.0)'
d1 n1 n3 Dr
d2 n2 n3 Dr
r1 n1 n2 '(rsh*((l-dl)/(w-dw))+1000/area)*(1+pvc1*(v(n3,n1)+v(n3,n2))/2+pvc2*(v(n3,n1)+v(n3,n2))/2*(v(n3,n1)+v(n3,n2))/2)*tfac*kri'
.ends Ri
*##################################################

I'd copy any 3-terminal resistor from the process lib to your own unique resistor name (into your design library), then edit its component CDF up to your requirements.

Hi, Erikl
Thank you for getting the first reply here.
You mean that I should bulid a parameterized cell based on this model? It seems a little more complicated than i expected.

Sorry i forget to mention I don't have p-cell available from fab. So no process lib available.

I wanna find an ez way to use this model(or modified version) to get the right simulation results, that's all.

Then copy the res symbol from analogLib to your own resName into your designDir, add the 3rd pin, change its CDF correspondingly to your needs (add your model name), then copy the symbol to the spectre view. Read the appropriate C@dence help files!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back