Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help to design a broadband amplifier(400~850MHz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wangjianhui

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a newer for amplifier designing,I will appreciate anyone who can give me some hints about it or some reference designs.
Here is some spec of the design:

Parameter specification@25ºC
Operating frequency 400MHz~850MHz
Max output power >1.5W
Impendence (in &out) 75Ω
Output power@P1dB 1W
Gain 56dB
Typical input signal -28dBm
Noise figure 8
IIP3 40dBm
Flatness in band 1dB Max
VSWR(in &out) 2:1max
Harmonics@1w -30dBc@1w
spurs@1w -60dBc@1w
Max input power 5dBm Max
Form of input signal AM,CW,FM,PM
Voltage/current +24V/<2A

Search for this AN from PHILIPS:

A Wideband hybrid coupled amplifier (470 - 860 MHz) with 2 balanced transistors BLV57
NCO8101

Thank you,but i think there's something different from my requirement.eg.operating voltage gain...

i need to ralation of this design.
thanks

Hello Carrier
I had listed spec of the amplifier, what do you want to know?tell me pls and thank you for your interesting.

i want to design uhf amolifier for 470MHZ-860MHz
my component that availeble is:
blf1822-10
Gali-xxx
MAR-xxx
FR35 PCB material
and have a modulator that output is 10dBm-50 ohm
that is all information that exist and i want to know what from i starting my design.
i passed rf design and high frequency and microwave electronic design corse and you can suppose that i know all of them.

You should ask more precisely. In other case this is a subject for another corse.
About transistor. I did 10W wide band power amplifier using BLF1822-10 (so I thing you did good choice) and WJ FP2189 and WJ FH1. But this was 50Ohm amplifier. You can try the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.