Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help,the smith chart of the open,short and through!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

purian

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
does anybody have the smith chart of open,short and through,i want to know the exactly right smith chart of them,because i measured some deembed graph,but i dont know the open short or through right or wrong,so plz give me some right smith graph of them,then i can identify the right figure.

thanks
purian

kspalla said:
Please share the results of your measurements.
the results are as follows:
i dont have the short smith paragh,so plz give a example,the i can recognize it.
in the .rar,i dont know the right open and through smith chart,if possiable plz give me the reasons,thanks a lot!

Open2 and through2 figures indicated the proper calibrated mode.
The others show improper. This is because when a load is open the point is the extreme right on the smith chart irrespective of frequency. But practical systems will have slight travel from this point as no system can be made perfect open for all frequencies.
The same is valid for through however the point for through will lie exactly at the center of the smith chart.
Hope you understood.

purian

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
kspalla,i appreciated that you explained so patiently,thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back