Status
Not open for further replies.

samthunderbolt

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the beginning, I want to admit that I have no background of electronics. I'm a mechanical engineering major, and I have worked with microcontrollers and IC's in my college robotics club, but it basically involved making pre-designed circuits that were given to us. So I have never designed a circuit on my own.

A project at hand right now requires me to detect whether a circuit is broken or not, and if broken, transmit this information wirelessly to a central receiver. Let's call this a circuit-break-detector-module. We want there to be a number of such modules, which should be able to transmit their data wirelessly to a single receiver, which will be at a maximum distance of 6-7 metres from these modules. The purpose of this "central-receiver" would therefore be to monitor each circuit-break-detector-module.

Now there are a little more complications. The circuit-break-detector-module is supposed to be embedded inside a component made of polyurethane during its molding. Also the polyurethane component would be vibrating continuosly. Therefore, I would like these modules to be :

1. As small and simple as possible
  2. Should be able to withstand high temperature during molding of polyurethane component,
  3. , and able to withstand high vibrations.

Any thoughts on how should I proceed with these ideas? Any help regarding this project would be greatly appreciated.

do u want a project based on rf

Status
Not open for further replies.