Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help required: Frequency synthesizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwanthh

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

For my project, I need to generate 2Ghz signal. I cant find any oscillator IC for 2ghz.

1. Is there any osc IC for 2Ghz?

2. If its not available can i use 1ghz osc IC and give it to PLL Freq synthesizer ?

3. Will the above idea produce 2Ghz signal?

4. Is there any other method to produce 2ghz signal?

Please anyone help me with some ideas

1. Yes: **broken link removed**, **broken link removed** and others using SAW resonator and frequency multiplication or DRO (dielectric resonant oscillator) methods.

Thanks for your reply,

I checked those links, but they are of freq ranges above 1ghz. Sorry for not mentioning in the post, I want to generate 2ghz signal and view the freq range of the GSM band i.e. 890-960mhz and 1710-1860mhz. Could you please help me in this one?

1. Is it possible to generate 2ghz by giving the 1ghz oscillator output to pll frequency synthesizer input?

It sounds like you want something that's tuneable within the GSM bands. I'm not sure you can do it with a single device. The tuning range for VCO is greater than for PLL. **broken link removed**.

Status
Not open for further replies.