Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help required for designing microstrip patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsi15

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all....
i am trying to design a microstripfeed patch antenna to resonate on frequncy of 1.5GHz.....but i just cant get the desired result.....so please help me out in this design.....i really need help over this....i am posting my designes over here you can check it and alter it and let me know of it that whats wrong in my design and how can i fix it...please its urgent...

Added after 31 minutes:

I DONT HAVE MUCH POINTS TO UPLOAD THE FILE
.....WHAT SHUD I DO NOW....????

It's been a long time since I have designed microstrip-fed patch antenna. The basic idea if I remember is to find the right point for feed. The dimensions of the patch can be easily approximated from the calculations given in any standard antenna textbooks. The feed point can also be approximated by plotting the impedance at various points on the patch and finding the point with impedance Z0 (char. imp. of your microstrip feedline). Look for these formulas in the Antennas textbook by Balanis.

arsi15

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back