Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help regarding 64 bit integer math 68020

Status
Not open for further replies.

idlebrain

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
68020 assembly source code

I need to 64 bit integer math routines like Plus, Minus, multiply, modulus and division routines for MC68020. I have searched google and freescale and find nothing.

Thanks
idlebrain

For which programming language? Some C compilers provide 64-bit integer type. For example, The GNU GCC compiler has "long long int".

If you wish to see assembly code, here's a wild idea. The GCC source code is available for free download, however it may be difficult to find the integer arithmetic routines inside the huge source files. You could write some C code that uses 64-bit arithmetic, compile it, and then examine the assembly code output.

Thanks echo47,

C or Assembly both OK. But the compiler is old one and do not support 64 bit operations. It is not possible to use a library as well.

Right now I am checking math 128 library source code for any clue. It would be better If I can get math 64.

Cheers
idlebrain

I could do multiplication, add and subtract. Now I only need modulus. I tried to generate the assembly from gcc, and it is calling a library function "moddi3" from libgcc, If any one having the source of m683XX/coldfire port source code please help me by posting the same. I can not find on internet.

Thanks
idlebrain

Status
Not open for further replies.