Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[help] pt's error when read sdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamczx

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pte-014 pt

Code:
##Worst case working condition
read_sdf  /direct/sh-home/kevin.sheng/design/809_i2c/layout/2006_0104_from_layout/pmp_dig_slow.sdf -type sdf_max
Warning: The SDF file is version 3.0. Current SDF-3.0 
	 supported constructs are: REMOVAL, RECREM, RETAIN and CONDELSE. (SDF-026)
Error: No net timing arc from pin 'a/Y' to pin 'core/b/CK'. (PTE-014)
Error: No net timing arc from pin 'a/Y' to pin 'core/c/CK'. (PTE-014)

Then I check the verilog code , and find that a/y to core/b/ck Or a/y to core/c/Ck
is set as false_path by front_end constrant.
How should I do to fix such errors?
thanks

verilog pt sdf

iamczx said:
Code:
##Worst case working condition
read_sdf  /direct/sh-home/kevin.sheng/design/809_i2c/layout/2006_0104_from_layout/pmp_dig_slow.sdf -type sdf_max
Warning: The SDF file is version 3.0. Current SDF-3.0 
	 supported constructs are: REMOVAL, RECREM, RETAIN and CONDELSE. (SDF-026)
Error: No net timing arc from pin 'a/Y' to pin 'core/b/CK'. (PTE-014)
Error: No net timing arc from pin 'a/Y' to pin 'core/c/CK'. (PTE-014)

Then I check the verilog code , and find that a/y to core/b/ck Or a/y to core/c/Ck
is set as false_path by front_end constrant.
How should I do to fix such errors?
thanks

1.May be your netlist is different from your sdf. check to see if these path exist
2.May be the "set_false_path -from a/Y to core/b/Ck" in your PT script cause the ERROR. after synthesis, the path name may not be the same with the path in verilog code.
rgrds

i think the pin name has been changed!!

Hi,

In the sdf, there is a net delay from instant a pin Y to instance core/b pin ck.

When you read the sdf, these net connection does not exist. I don't think it has anything to do with false path. Check you design flow that the sdf is meant for the netlist you read into PT.

Regards,
Eng Han

now I am doubt that it is the lib cell cause the error.
the clock buffer : input ck, output c and cn, It has 2 output,therefore, the soc tell me that the buffer has 2 timing arc when cts.
And all the clock buffer has 2 output pin in lib. So the apr enginner use common buffer to do apr.
anyone give more advice ? thanks

There are some errors exisiting in the verilog code after re-checking the verilog code.Thx all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back