Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help pls!!! clueless about VHDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty_orifice

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi im trying to make a code for the following question but i am clueless as how to create the source code. Help pls........

Attachments

• help....jpg
    help....jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 79

For now,you should think first about the algorithm without the seven segment display. Think of it as a C code. you have 4 cases : A>B , B>A, A=B, otherwise. You need to write an if statement for each case. you should write something like this :
if A>B then
output <= "1010";
elsif B>A then
. and so on . tell me if you need more help coz I don't know what's your knowledge in VHDL.

you should always draw the circuit before writing the VHDL
That's generally a good suggestion. The present problem has however one case, that can't be represented by a circuit, because it's not synthesizable. In other words, the problem refers to simulation and behavioral code only. (In my opinion, it isn't a well considered exercise)

hi
as am85 said go for algorithm first and think seven segment display later
use "A" and "B" as input (8bits) one output use "IF" statements

Status
Not open for further replies.