Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Please - Physics Mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvpcdanielv

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vector mechanics beer and johnson rapidshare

Hi,

I really need help with Physics right now and would appreciate if anyone can help me. Right now I'm taking the AP Physics/C 1A (Mechanics) and struggling in that class since my teacher literally does not know how to teach. He basically gives us a few notes on the chapter that do not in anyway help you solve the homework problems he gives out. Also, for homework he tells us to outline the chapters and do a few problems which no one knows how because he never taught us how to solve them. The class average on tests/quizzes is about 30% which is extremely sad but my teacher said that's the way it is in high school AP classes (which I believe is totally wrong, and the problem is HE doesn't know how to teach). So, I'm thinking about buying a study guide that will help me study for Physics and hopefully do well on his quizzes (he takes problems from previous AP tests). Does anyone know any good Physics study guide books that I should buy?

Thanks!

mvpcdanielv,

Try "Schaum's Outline of Engineering Mechanics".

Regards,
Kral

I think you should buy
Title : "Mechanic engineering"
Publisher : John Wiley

you may find the relevant physics questions through yahoo.com and type ' GCE AL Physics'. It may give you a lot of relevant useful notes,exercise and pass paper. Although the format of GCE AL physics is not exactly the same as AP physics, however the level or the difficulties of physics exercise are quite similar. You can try. I may positively say that they are very useful in your self study.

actually there is a good book for physics
"the fundamental of physics" by Halliday, Resnick and Walker. John Willey

yes Haliday resink is a good book ..becausr its is strat from the begining and ...ane can understand easily..

I reallly don't think Schaum's Outlines are good for pre-U level. The notes are for too skimpy and it only encourages memorisation without much comprehension. Halliday&Resnick is not adequate too, in my opinion... not for me, that is. I think when you read it, it keeps you guessing... about concepts, about derivations. I think your best shot might be to get a combination of two books, one advance and one elementary. "Physics for Scientists and Engineers by Serway+Jewett" and "Principles of Physics by Bueche Jerde" works for me...

I am a high school teacher who teaches physics for more than 10 years. The physics textbook ' Physics, written by James walker, 2nd, Wiley Publication' is a really good physics book which is suitable for senior high school students and freshman of the university to study. Trust me. The book is a non-calculus textbook. A lot of good working examples you can study.

I THINK I YOU REALLY WANT TO UNDERSTAND THE UNDERLYING
CONCEPTS OF MECHANICS YOU SHOULD READ:
UNIVERSITY PHYSICS FROM SEARS,ZEMNASSKY
YOU CAN ALSO READ:
ENGG. MECHANICS I & II FROM BEAR & JOHNSON.
YOU CAN ALSO TRY H.C.VERMA

Okay, thanks for your suggestions, guys.

I purchased Schaum's Outlines - and jc_bock you are right.. it does seem a bit confusing - so I'll just stick to Serway's textbooks.

Thanks

Try this one. It is the best Mechanics book I have ever known (Engineering Mechanics only)

Vector Mechanics for Engineers: Statics and Dynamics by Beer and Johnston

Beer/Johnston is among the leading books because it is clearly written, contains thoughtful, worked-out examples, excellent and plentiful homework problems, and is error-free. Conceptually accurate and thorough, there are no typos or misprints in this text. This new edition features an interactive software program, packaged free to students in the back of the textbook, and is the most extensive and thorough Beer/Johnston revision ever done.

**broken link removed**

you should search on the net for the Faynman's lectures

It is the best cource on physics....

peace

Hi,
what is the password for the above RAR file?

ISBN: 007847129X
Title: Vector Mechanics for Engineers: Statics and Dynamics (IBM Set)
Author: Ferdinand P. Beer E. Russell, Jr. Johnston
Publisher: Mcgraw-Hill College
Publication Date: 1997-07
Number Of Pages: 1280

Password: turkforum.net

Thank you for the password. However, I would appreciate it if someone can post the solution manual for the textook of 'Vector mechanics - Statics & Dynamic by Beer Johnson.' Thank you.

Try haliday and resnick it wil be easily available from the market

Added after 2 minutes:

I have also got the solution manual to gettys but unfortunately it is hard copy if u r in LHR I can lend it to yupu or u can fotocopy it

Hi,
Is this beer johnson book
it say rudra pratap singh

THis is absolutely not the 'vector mechanics' written by Beer & johnson. Please don't fool the readers. Make correction please.

I totally know how you feel. :cry:

However, I use the Princeton's Review for AP Physics C...It's covers a lot of material in a rather straight forward manner. And it's also relatively inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.