Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on the transmitting power in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

naught

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've been trying to run simulations in a cell-mobile scenario and the Shannon formula is used here.
To use to the Shannon formula, I have to know the transmitting signal power which could help calculate the SNR.
I've ready had the channel model. So the only remaining problem is the transmitting power in the air that the author doesn't specifically point out.

To be clear, the author did give the whole consumption of the mobile phone. But I really need to know how I could get the values of the signal power in the air?
I realise the transmitting power fluctuates when the channel changes. But is there a range?

I googled that the range for a mobile phone transmitting power is 0.5 ~2 watt, and the basestation is 10watt~50watt....

To sum up , I would like to know the mobile phone and the base station transmitting power in the air...
please help, I sent Emails to the author but not yet got a reply. Rather desperate.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.