Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on Motor control with encoder, plc and drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadley

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I got an assignment at Tech were i need to control a motor to stop at any position given. What im given is a siemens S7-300 plc, any encoder and a Telemaq or Siemens Drive.
Problem is i dont no were to start cause ive never worked with analoques.
How would my hardwiring look like from drive to plc and to analogue card and encoder.

How do i configure all of that and how would my program look like.
Please help, if any one can just give me or direct me to a sample program and hardwiring diagram i would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Shadley:cry:

hi
don't worry project is simple, only thing is you should know position control basics. Hardware details are incomplete such as:
motor type:stepper motor or servo motor
drive type: Variable frequency or Servo drive
your PLC having any encoder moule

Hi

Is there different methods to do this control...
can u do it using a stepper or servo?

drive type: Variable frequency or Servo drive(This can be any type)
The encoder module i do not no if its better to have that extra module i'll certainly add that to the plc.

Is the any books that i can download or buy that has real working examples of motor control programs, there diagrams and how the structure fits together out there?
Books that takes you from the start of design example through the programming steps and how every thing fits together would really be useful to have. (Siemens)

Much appreciated

:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.