Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on making 60 blinking LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

yingyingong

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have design a circuit of 60 blinking LEDs. however, i don't know what IC to add in to choose only one LED blink at a time. and the circuit will reset and start from LED1 after the 60th LED blink.

one 7493 is used and four 74154 are used for the 60 blinking LEDs. what else should i need to make the circuit work as it should be?

do refer to the circuit attached.

https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/90_1320581833.jpg

thank you.

Last edited:

You need an additional counter and and additional decoder.
Take the carry out from the 7493 and feed it into the new counter. Take the outputs of the new counter and decode them as you already do with the 74154s. Connect each output of the new decoder to one of the enable inputs on the original 74154s that drive the LEDs.

The idea is that only one of the existing 74154s is allowed to operate at a time and the new counter and decoder decide which one it should be. As you only need four (4 x 16 = 64) enable signals you could use a 74138 or 74139 instead of another 74154 as the new decoder.

Brian.

may i know what IC to use as the new counter?

All you need is an additional two binary digits to select one of the four 74154s so you can use just about any binary counter with outputs on the first and second dividers. Another 7493 would do the job nicely.

Brian.

thanks for the help. finally i get 60 blinking lights. However, when i try to reset it and make it start all over again at 61st second, it wouldn't. it will only start again during the 65th second. i connected the last output which is LED60 to one one the reset of the 1st 7493. what should i do to correct it?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back