Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on LED MATRIX Display project

Status
Not open for further replies.

TagMyTech

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
led matrix project

hi,

i am in doubt that , if i send a series of string to display on LED matrix board from PC through microcontroller to matrix display , do i need to first program the how the string going to display (in column and row for each single character) on the led matrix board first into microcontroller or i only need to program in my assembler (MPLAB or AVRSTUDIO4) and it can be shown on the matrix display.

:cry: please help me...

your help is much appreciated... =)
[/u]

stm32 led matrix

I'm with blueroom electronics, your issue is not clear.

If you are asking if your PC can just send strings and the micro will handle via lookup tables the Row/Column to create the symbols, then it depends on the code you put in the micro.

LCD Displays normally have the lookup tables built into them - with the ability for some custom symbols, so I would try to make your LED Matrix board do the same for ease of use.

led display project

STM32 is true!!

project led matrix

sorry for my bad English , what i mean is ..if i wan to make a moving LED Matrix Display and what user type in will be appeared on the LED display board ...so do i need to set the pattern of the string first that normally is 5 bytes or i just need to straight away type in the message and it will appear on the LED matrix display board?

led matrix display

If you always want your message to scroll, just code it that way.
If you want to be able to select how it displays (horizontal or vertical scroll, direction, speed, Oscillate, fade in, wipe,etc etc) then code those control functions into your display micro controller and send 'escape' sequences from the PC to set the control values without being displayed, then you send the string to be displayed.

Do as much on the micro controller a you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back