Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed with Proetus ISIS design help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

phat1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am stuck on a part of my design. I would be greatful for any help/info given.

I am trying to design a circuit in Proteus from datasheet EL5170 by Intersil page 10 Figure.22 single supply twisted pair.
The chip is not in the ISIS library so I have designed it my self. I designed the chip by looking at the datasheet and assigned a package to the chip. I downloaded the model from Intersil website and I followed the Instructions in the help menu of proteus to add a spice model. I have tried over and over to get the simulation to run but I keep getting the errors which are cannot open spice source file EL5170.txt, SUBCKT 'EL5170' used in U1 but not found, failed to expand subcircuits. simulation failed due to a fatal simulator error.

I have attached a photo of my design and the model of the chip. I tried to upload my design but it was an invalid file.

I have been stuck on this for about 10 hours and cant find my issue. I would like to use a op-amp from the library and just change it to the EL5170 chip pins but I am unsure on how to do this.

I am new to the scene with very limited experience but I can use proteus.

Regards

phat1

Attachments

• EL5170.png
    EL5170.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 179
  • EL5170.png
    EL5170.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 165
  • EL5170 Model.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Error.png
    Error.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

Sounds like the subcircuit model file isn't named EL5170.txt or it's not in the expected directory. Or Proteus is generating erroneous messages.

Try to upload isis file and spice model.

- - - Updated - - -

HANDLING MODEL SIMULATION FAILURES
Subcircuit models vary greatly in complexity and design. As a result, some models are
easier to simulate than others. As a general rule, if PROSPICE could not simulate your
circuit with its translated model, then not much else could either.
We have often found that problems are greatly worsened by poor circuit design. If you have
an application note for the device, then compare it with your circuit to see if, for example,
you are not allowing enough input current to bias the input stage successfully. The model
designer almost certainly made the model work with circuits similar to those in an
application note, rather than in a general case.
PROSPICE can be made more stable (but less accurate) by increasing the value of GMIN.
The default is 1E-14, so good values to try are 1E-13 and 1E-12. At values like 1E-6, it is
likely that any simulation results will bear no relation to reality at all, so pick the lowest
value you can.

EXTRACTED FROM PROTEUS MANUAL. HAVE SIMULATE THE MODEL ON PROSPICE?

Sounds like the subcircuit model file isn't named EL5170.txt or it's not in the expected directory. Or Proteus is generating erroneous messages.
Thanks for your reply can you help me to fix it as i followed everything in the help window and I have failed.

- - - Updated - - -

Try to upload isis file and spice model.
HAVE SIMULATE THE MODEL ON PROSPICE?
Thanks for your reply I tried to upload but it said invalid file.
Im not to sure how to use prospice, I,ll look into it to see if I can simulate it.

zip the files in order to upload them

Reactions: phat1

phat1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I have zipped the Isis file, must grateful for any help on my issue as I have run out of ideas on how to fix it.

Attachments

• EL5170 At home.rar
    17 KB · Views: 85

Status
Not open for further replies.