Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed on far-field problem in COMSOL-Multiphysics

Status
Not open for further replies.

weijunorama

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
air boundary condition comsol

Hi, I am currently using the COMSOL to calculate the far-field distribution of a radiation source. I first started with a very simple case --- a point source in air, to simply test. I am using the RF module-->In Plane waves--->Harmonic Propagation.

I am using the Cartesian coordinate in the two dimensional space. The point source is located at center (x=0, y=0) of a square area (air). Then I set the boundary condition of the square area as scattering boundary condition and calculated the far-field pattern on one side versus the angle. The angle is defined as atan2(x,y)[1/deg], the same as in its Help document.

However, the far-field radiation pattern is like a parabolic curve with minimum at normal direction. Isn't it supposed to be a straight line (constant) for just a single point source in the far field?

I am confused how the COMSOL is actually relating the far-field to the angle inside the software.

Any suggestion or comment on this topic would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back