Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed on cadsoft eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodquilon

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I change the default pin positions of Eagle library components ?
By which I can root component-to-component connections in a schematic as I like.
For example in NE555 symbol I want to change pins 6 & 7 from the left side to bottom side.

There are three stages to creating a symbol in Eagle - the PCB footprint, the symbol and the final part which includes connections.

You can put the pins anywhere when you draw the symbol. Usually you assign unique names to each of the pins. When you create the part you select a PCB footprint and then define the connections. That stage is where the pins are identified as being in the correct place on the footprint.

There is probably a tutorial for it in the manual or help files.

Keith

P.s. There is a good help forum for Eagle on Cadsoft's site

reduce the size of library components

I am not an expert of Eagle library editor.
How can I reduce the size of library components as I can possible in the case of texts in Eagle ?

You cannot re-size library components when you place them - you must re-size the component in the library. Is it the symbol you want to re-size?

Keith.

avoid all component names

How can I avoid all component names in my schematic as it looking so bad
on the final schematic ?

I only want component value as identification in my schematic, not their names.

Click 'View' on the top menu bar, then click 'Display/Hide layers'.

Status
Not open for further replies.