Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed in transmitting numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

asham

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi...i urgently need help in c programming..i need to transmit numbers from the PIC18 to the PC Hyperterminal...I'm using USART for this...My programming is done with C18 COMPILER and MPLAB IDE...Any help will be very much appreciated..Thanks in advance:cry:

To transmit numbers to Hyperterminal, regardless of microcontroller type, you will need to convert them to ASCII code, for example, ASCII representation for 0 is 30H, 1 --> 31H, 2 --> 32H and so on ..
Just add 30H to any digit before transmission .. and "." --> 2EH
( https://www.lookuptables.com/ )

Regards,
IanP

Thanks very much IanP...I will do as you as suggested.But can you tell how to define it first.(int/char/unsigned int..etc)...Thanks

I don't know what numbers will you be working with, but after digit-by-digit conversion to ASCII they can be declared as "unsigned char" (0-255) ..
( **broken link removed** )

Regards,
IanP

Code:
#device <16F628>
#use rs232(baud=9600,parity=n,xmit=pin_b2,rcv=pin_b1,bits=8)

main() {

while(1) {
int i;           //I from 48d= 0 in aschii, up to 57d= 9 in aschii.
for(i=48;i<58;i++) {
putc(i);      //Print from 0 up to 9
delay_ms(200);
}
}

Bye

[/code]

Thanks IanP...can i use unsigned int, coz i need to transmit quite some numbers.
Terka, i tried ur program but i'm unable to build the program....I'm using MPLAB IDE w/C18 COMPILER...when i try to compile the program or any of the working programs i have, it displays a msg "can't locate build tool,find tool location"...What does this mean...? Thank you.... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.