Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed in push pull transformer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

high voltage

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hii all
am looking for ur urgent help in explaining to me this circuit which is a flyback converter with a push pull transformer.. am wondering why there are 2 switches connected to the transformer and also the full wave bridge rectifier, why he ddint use a half wave rectifier.
thnx in advance

Attachments

• flyback converter.png
    flyback converter.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 126

It's not a flyback converter. It's a push-pull converter. Observe that there are 2 switches which are being driven from 2 PWM signals. Since it's a push-pull converter, you have a bridge rectifier at the output.

hii all
am looking for ur urgent help in explaining to me this circuit which is a flyback converter with a push pull transformer.. am wondering why there are 2 switches connected to the transformer and also the full wave bridge rectifier, why he ddint use a half wave rectifier.
thnx in advance
Hi
As Tahmid said it's a pus pull topology not a flyback !
It could use a center topped transformer to prevent using four diodes .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

yes there are 2 switches which are being driven from 2 PWM signals and connected to the transformer.. it is a push pull transformer but the driver is a flyback converter.. right??

it is a push pull transformer but the driver is a flyback converter.. right??
What do you mean by the driver is flyback converter???!!! do you really know what flyback or push pull does mean ? or what is duty of a driver ??!

The controller is a PWM controller (it's actually a microcontroller). Push-pull and flyback refer to different topologies. What do you mean by flyback driver?

driver=converter... sory man.. my english is poor..
i have studied about flyback converter.. the difference i found between the flyback topology and this circuit is only the transformer and the 4 diodes so i thought it is a flyback converter with a push-pull converter..
please support me with links about push-pull converter.
thnx for ur help

driver=converter.
No ! a driver is a section that can create PWM signal and can handle high value of surge current to prepare enough gate or base driving current .
i have studied about flyback converter.. the difference i found between the flyback topology and this circuit is only the transformer and the 4 diodes so i thought it is a flyback converter with a push-pull converter..
please support me with links about push-pull converter.
No there are many other difference between a flyback converter and a push pull converter . push pull converter will handle out put power while switch is on but flyback , will handle out put power while switch is off .
I think a good suggestion for you is searching in google !
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Last edited:

thank you guys fot the help... i appreciate :)

I couldn't really call that a push pull converter either, since it lacks a storage inductor on the output. Without that, it can't effectively control output voltage via PWM, and probably won't work well at all.

I couldn't really call that a push pull converter either, since it lacks a storage inductor on the output. Without that, it can't effectively control output voltage via PWM, and probably won't work well at all.
Hi dear Mtwieg
Yes i totally agree with you . hit to the point ! it has just a capacitor after rectifier and it means large value of ripple and spikes . and i think large value of surge current !
I don't know who designed such a circuit ! but it is my first time to see a push pull converter like that !!
Regards
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.