Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed in Portable audio player.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravsarode

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to build Portable audio player which can play wave files from MMC (MultiMedia Card).The interfacing part of microcontroller and MMC is done. I am stuck with playing part.The application I made which reads from MMC and out it on microcontroller's PORT parallelly at 8khz since my wave file is sampled at 8khz.

Here is the problem part. I want to build DAC and audio filter.Can anyone suggest me any Ic which can be used as DAC and filter as well as amplifier or any two of these. Currently I am using simple R-2R ladder,RC filter and LM386 as amplifier.But in my case audio sound is very noisy.Can someone help me?

Thanks and regards,
Gaurav Sarode.

Hi gauravsarode,

you can use PWM as well as they use in this module, **broken link removed** which is about similar with what you want to achieve. I have tested one and it sounds ok.

As for parralel output, you can try MAX5100 **broken link removed** .

Are you using some kind of file system, or the sounds are stored like raw ?

Regards,
mgf

Status
Not open for further replies.