Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed in interfacing sd card to pic16F877

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinash

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic16f877 sd card

Hi,
I am trying to interface a SD card to PIC16F877 microcontroller. The purpose is
to develop a datalogger.( There would be a sensor that would be interface to the PIC and the sensor readings would be recorded onto the SD card). The readings stored would than be read through a PC. I have gone through the following website

**broken link removed**

and try to follow the schmetic there.
I have included a SRAM to act as a buffer as the SD card can only send data in 512 Bytes abd the PIC microcontroller does not have enough space. I am very new to this field and i am attaching my Schmetic. It would be great if someone were to give me some comments about my hardware design.Thank you so much.

sd card pic16f877

HI Try this site it might help you

**broken link removed**

All the best

Bobi

sd card pic16f

Hello,

with the money spent on SRAM, you better upgrade to say 18F458 and use a 512 bytes buffer in the PIC Reserved_Ram Space - using indirect access (FSR2/POSTINC2). Will work ok.

regards,
mgf

Status
Not open for further replies.